home run leader Giancarlo

Модератор: Валера

shushu
Продвинутый

home run leader Giancarlo

Непрочитанное сообщение shushu » Чт мар 07, 2019 7:34 pm

MIAMI - This time when the game ended, the only gesture from Jonathan Papelbon was a fist pump.Papelbon, pitching for the first time since he grabbed his crotch and received a seven-game suspension, earned his 38th save with a scoreless ninth inning Wednesday to help the Philadelphia Phillies beat the Miami Marlins 2-1.Did it look like I had rust? he said. I didnt feel rust.The game was Papelbons first since he blew a save against the Marlins on Sept. 14 and lost his composure when he was booed coming off the field. He grabbed himself in response, and then bumped umpire Joe West.His resulting suspension ended Sunday.It has been boring, it has been aggravating, Papelbon said. I play the game because I want to get in there as many nights as I can. It has been rough. It has been bad. I just really had to try to put Joe West in the back of my mind and carry on, even though I feel like I got the raw end of the deal.Papelbon saved the game for Kyle Kendrick, who pitched perhaps his final game for Philadelphia. Kendrick (10-13) went seven innings, had three hits and drove in a run.Kendrick can become a free agent after the season but would prefer to remain with the Phillies.After I was done in the seventh, I soaked it up a little bit and looked around, he said. Ive been with these guys through a lot. It was a little emotional, Im not going to lie. I dont like change. If it happens, Ill deal with it.Using teammate Ryan Howards bat for the first time, Kendrick broke a scoreless tie with two outs in the seventh when he doubled home Darin Ruf. Kendrick also singled twice and hiked his average from .095 to .136.The right-hander allowed only one run despite giving up five extra-base hits. Papelbon pitched around a one-out double in the ninth, striking out Enrique Hernandez to end the game.On an 84-degree night, the retractable roof at Marlins Park was open for the first time since May 23. The sultry weather seemed to suit both starting pitchers.Miamis Brad Hand allowed one run in seven innings. Marlon Byrd put the Phillies ahead to stay when he hit a one-out RBI single in the eighth off Chris Hatcher (0-3).Since losing slugger NL home run leader Giancarlo Stanton to a season-ending facial injury, the Marlins have scored less than three runs in nine of 12 games. They have one home run in the past nine games.Were having a tough time scoring, manager Mike Redmond said. We had some guys in scoring position and couldnt get a couple of hits to score some runs. Thats the way its been going since we lost G.TRAINERS ROOMPhillies: SS Jimmy Rollins has not run all-out to test the sore left hamstring that has sidelined him since Sept. 8, and its uncertain whether hell play again this season.UP NEXTMarlins RHP Tom Koehler (9-10, 3.76) makes his seventh and final attempt at his 10th victory in the series finale Thursday afternoon against Phils rookie RHP David Buchanan (6-8, 3.77 ERA). In six starts since Aug. 17, Koehler is 0-1 despite a 3.50 ERA.LHP Andrew Heaney (0-3, 5.33), the Marlins top prospect, will pitch the second game of a doubleheader Friday at Washington. It will be Heaneys first start since July 5.PAPELBONS RETURNPapelbon said hes looking forward to pitching in Philadelphia this weekend even though he expects fans will jeer him.I enjoy pitching there, he said. I dont let the boos get to me. They dont bother me. I dont hear them. I like pitching in that kind of environment. Nike Air Max Günstig Herren . Sami Vatanen had a goal and an assist and Anaheim used a four-goal first period to extend their winning streak to six games with a 5-2 win over the Detroit Red Wings on Tuesday night. Air Max Schweiz .Y. - Phil Varone was the lone scorer in the shootout as the Rochester Americans edged the Toronto Marlies 3-2 on Sunday in American Hockey League action. http://www.airmaxoutletschweiz.ch/ . Bjoerndalen, who had failed to win any major race for two years before Sochi, writes in a Facebook entry that he is "full of energy and inspiration" after winning the 10-kilometre sprint and mixed relay at last months Olympics. Nike Air Max Günstig Damen . -- DeMarcus Cousins had 29 points, nine rebounds and six steals to lead the Sacramento Kings to their third straight preseason win, a 107-90 victory over the Phoenix Suns on Thursday night. Air Max Günstig Online Kaufen . Johnson shared an update after his surgery Tuesday on Twitter. He also wrote, "now lets get on the grind." The running back told The Tennessean he was having surgery in Pensacola, Fla. TAMPA, Fla. -- Tampa Bay Lightning star Steven Stamkos is walking without crutches or a boot two weeks after breaking his right leg and said Monday he fully expects to play again this season. The high-scoring centre was injured Nov. 11 against Boston. He was taken off the ice on a stretcher after crashing into the post. He had surgery the next day in Boston to stabilize a fractured shin bone and is now walking with a limp. "To be able to do what Im doing now and almost comeback to a normal life, being able to just move around on your own, Im definitely happy with that," said Stamkos, speaking with reporters for the first time since the injury. "Id say Ive overcome the initial shock and frustration and disappointment, and now its what do I have to do to get back as quick as possible. But obviously as smart as possible." Stamkos was hurt with 7:11 remaining in the second period. He was backchecking on a play when he got tied up with Bruins defenceman Dougie Hamilton. The pair went into the net hard. Speaking to TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun of EESPN.ddddddddddddcom, Lightning general manager Steve Yzerman talked about the prognosis for his superstar forward. "Its early, but our initial impression is that were encouraged hell be back on the shorter end of the recovery time period -- which is very broad -- but it looks initially that hell be back on the sooner rather than later end of that three-to-six months recovery period," said Yzerman. Yzerman, of course, is also the general manager of Team Canada for the Sochi Olympics. But he says that Stamkos timeline goal is the same regardless of whether the uniform he wears is blue or red. "Its one in the same, we want a healthy Stammer," Yzerman said. "And not just for this year, but for a long time to come. The No. 1 underlining factor is that were going to make sure we do whats best for Stevens long-term health. Hes 23 years old. Hes got a long career ahead of him. Were not going to do anything that jeopardizes him. Hes not coming back before hes 100 percent ready." Stamkos has 222 goals and 409 points in 390 NHL games. ' ' '

Вернуться в «FITNESS / Форум фитнеса»